View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001245||bareos-core||storage daemon||public||2020-05-25 00:07||2020-05-25 00:07|
|Summary||0001245: Backup fails on VSS error for Win PC if "Google Drive File Stream" virtual drive is encountered|
|Description||The Bareos option "Drive Type = fixed" does not skip mounted virtual drives such as "Google Drive File Stream." As a result, if "Enable VSS = yes" is enabled and such a drive is encountered, backup fails.|
I'm using "File = /" for flexibility, so I can backup regardless of drive letter in use. I also do not want to use "Fail Job On Error = no," because I need jobs to fail on legitimate errors.
I'm hoping this issue can be resolved with either (or all) of these changes:
1. Update the Bareos Windows backup client to properly ignore drives such "Google Drive File Stream;"
2. Add option to "Skip drive on VSS Error;"
3. Add option to "Continue without VSS if unsupported;" and/or
4. Update the "Enable VSS = yes" function to make it implicit as opposed to explicit. That way, if a drive does not support VSS, it is treated as a warning as opposed to an error.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. With a fully functional Bareos deployment, setup a Windows desktop for backup.|
2. For the Windows desktop backup job:
a) include "File = /"
b) enable the features "Enable VSS = yes"
c) enable "Drive Type = fixed"
3. If you don't have Google Drive, signup for one
4. Mount you Google Drive by setting up a "Google Drive File Stream" virtual drive per the instructions here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/7491144?hl=en
5. Run the Windows desktop backup job
|Additional Information||Here is an excerpt to my Windows desktop backup job definition:|
Name = "Windows Desktop"
Enable VSS = yes
File = /
Signature = SHA1
Drive Type = fixed
IgnoreCase = yes
verify = s1
checkfilechanges = yes
compression = LZ4
|Tags||No tags attached.|